Gator Bait at Eagle Lake
Open Water Swim
Eagle Lake, Vicksburg, Mississippi
Held under the sanction of USA Swimming, USMS, and Vicksburg Swim Association – Sanction # (pending) Masters Sanction # (pending)
Meet Director: Sheri Wallace email@example.com Hosted By: Vicksburg Swim Association
9 Jil Marie Circle
Vicksburg, MS 39183
(601) 638-4161 Home
(601) 629-7106 Cell
Meet Type: Open Water
Date: Saturday, August 27, 2011 Race Times: Check-in/Warm Up Available 7:30 AM
Race Begins 8:30 AM
Location: EAGLE LAKE – Warren County, Messina Boat Landing (Public Boat Ramp off Hwy 61-465 junction off Hwy 465)
Course: The race course will be rectangular and each distance marked by large buoys.
Eligibility: 1. Each swimmer must be a 2011 USA Swimming or Masters registered athlete.
· NOTE – A one day registration pass is available when registering through active.com for a fee of $15. One day passes are also available through www.usaswimming.org and www.usms.org prior to the event day.
2. Each swimmer must have a completed release form – located on entry form.
3. The Meet Director reserves the right to limit entries or conduct the events in heats.
· A full refund will be given to swimmers that are eliminated.
Events: Open 1 mile (1600 Meters) Open ¼ mile (400 Meters)
Masters 1 mile (1600 Meters) Masters ¼ mile (400 Meters)
Open ½ mile (800 Meters) 12 and Under ¼ mile (400 Meters)
Rules: 2009/2012 USA Swimming Rules and Regulations will govern this event.
Referee: Doug Welch
Safety: The safety of the swimmers during this event is the primary concern of the organizers. To that end the following government and private entities will be onsite during the entire competition:
· Warren County Search and Rescue (four rescue swimmers)
· City of Vicksburg Fire (ambulance services)
· City of Vicksburg Recreation Department (four lifeguards)
· Vicksburg Kayaking Club (four kayaks for event management)
· Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks (two boats)
· Vicksburg Swim Association (two jet skis)
· In the event an evacuation of the meet is required, the following order will be followed in assisting swimmers. Kayaks followed by jet skis. Any remaining swimmers will be evacuated using the boats.
· The Safety Coordinator is Vince Chiarito.
Protests: A meet jury will adjudicate any protest including issues of conduct which may occur at the meet venue. All protest must be made in writing. The meet jury will consist of the meet director, meet referee, an athlete representative, a coach representative and a non-coach representative.
Entries: Registration available on active.com. The meet event file will also be located on the VSA website at www.vsaswim.org. Send entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may turn in individual signed release forms upon arrival on Saturday.
Entry Deadline: Entries must be received by Wednesday, August 25. All entries must be submitted on the official entry form. Please submit a separate sheet for each swimmer along with payment for each swimmer. All signatures, including coach’s verification, must be on entry form prior to participation. You may register on the day of the race at 7:00AM; the cost is $40. Registration closes at 7:30 AM.
Entry Fee: $10 Surcharge, $15 T Shirt & Cap, $5 Dollar Goodie Bag TOTAL: $30.00 early registration; $40.00 race day registration
Pre-Race Protocol: There will be a mandatory pre-race meeting with detailed course description at the race site at 8:20am. This meet is not pre-seeded. Positive check-in is required and begins at 7:30 AM.
Awards: Certificates for the top three places in each age group.